1.Students admitted to the College are bound by the rules and regulations of the College.
2.Every student must possess the identity card at all times issued by the college for inspection and bonafideness and present it for inspection on demand (Defaulters will be penalized with a fine of Rs. 10 per occasion).
3.Every student is supposed to attend the lectures and if found bunking the class a penalty of Rs 50/- will be imposed per incident.
4.In case of absence on account of illness, the Dy. Director (Acad.) should be informed by the parents personally. On resuming the college the student should report to the Director along with the medical leave recommendation and fitness certificate.
5.Students are not allowed to attend classes other than their own without the permission of the Director (Acad.).
6.Smoking, chewing of tobacco or pan masala and consumption of alcohol in the College premises or entering the college premises after consuming alcoholic drinks is strictly prohibited. (penalty of Rs. 500 per incident)
7.Students are advised to refrain from entering into any act inside or outside the college premises which may malign institute’s image. They must follow the standard code of conduct.
8.No Society or Association can be formed in the College and no outside person can be invited to address any meeting without the Director’s prior permission.
9.No student shall collect any money or contribution for picnic, trip, Educational visit to some place, get-together, study-notes, charity or any other activity without prior sanction of the Managing Director.
10.No student will be allowed to take active part in current politics.
11.No student is permitted to divulge any information or write about matters concerning the College administration to the Press or local student leaders.
12.Students are expected to take proper care of college property and help the college authorities in keeping the premises clean. Damaging college property e.g. disfiguring walls, doors, fittings or breaking furniture, misuse of fittings, or breaking furniture, misuse of electricity etc. is breach of discipline and the guilty will be duly punished. (Fine will be charged according to the extent of damage.)
13.Students should not leave their books, valuables and other belongings in the classroom.
14.The College will not be responsible for any loss of personal property. However, Student may make a claim for lost of property at the office, if it had been deposited in the College Office.
15.Students applying for certificates, testimonials etc. which require the Director’s signature on any kind of document, the applicant should first contact the College office at student cell. Students should not bring any paper directly to the Director for his/her approval.
16.No pets are allowed to be brought in the college premises.
17.If, in the opinion of the Director, for any reason, the continuance of a student in the College is detrimental to the best interest of the College and other students, the Director may ask such a student to leave the College without assigning reason for student’s extradiction.
18.Insubordination and unbecoming language or misconduct, on the part of a student are sufficient reasons for his/her suspension or dismissal.
19.Students receiving Government or College Scholarships or any concession in fees, must note that the grant and continuance thereof are subject to good behaviour, regular attendance and satisfactory progress and good results at the University Examinations.
20.All College activities are organized under the guidance and supervision of the Director and Professor In-Charge.
21.Students must not associate themselves with any activity not authorized by the College Director. Serious action will be taken against the students found organizing or participating in banned or unauthorized activities.
22.Students using unfair means at examinations will not be readmitted to the College. Action will be initiated against such students as per the norms and procedure prescribed by the University .
23.It is the responsibility of the students to read the notice boards regularly for important announcements made by the College office from time to time. They will not be excused or given any relief on grounds of ignorance or not reading notices.
24.Disciplinary action will be taken against students found carrying and/or using cell phones, walkmans, discmans, ipods etc. on the college premises. Use of cell phones would entail seizing of the handset. It would be returned only: (a) At the end of the course or, (b) After payment of a fine of Rs. 500/-.
25.Matters not covered by the existing rules will rest at the absolute discretion of the Managing Director.
26.Late arrival and early departure at or from a class are recorded as absence from the class.
27.Students are not allowed to leave the institute during working hours without the written permission of the Deputy Director(Acad.).
28.Any student who fails to clear all the dues shall be debarred from appearing in semester/yearly examination.
MAINTENANCE OF DISCIPLINE
1. The Managing Director of the Institute is vested with sole powers related to disciplinary action.
2. All of such powers may be delegated by the Managing Director, as he deems proper to any other official of the Institute.
3. The following acts will be deemed to be acts of gross Indiscipline without prejudice to the generality of power to enforce discipline under the rules:-
(a) Use of physical force, assault or threat to assault any person associated with the Institute.
(b) Carrying or threat to use any weapon as specified in Indian Arms Act.
(c) Assaulting honor, dignity and modesty of women whether physically or by use of verbal derogatory remarks.
(d) Assaulting honor, dignity and status of students belonging to Schedule Cast/ Schedule Tribe, Physically Handicapped, whether physically or by way of passing verbal derogatory remarks.
(e) Violations of provisions of Civil Rights Protection Act 1976.
(f) Willful destruction of college/public property.
(g) Creating or spreading communal hatred/ anti-national activity.
(h) Creating hindrance in academic functioning of the Institute.
(I) Any act/deed or offence punishable under I.P.C. or Cr.P.C.
( j) Ragging (As per part-III)
4. Without prejudice to the generality of his powers regarding maintenance of discipline the Managing Director may take such actions as deemed appropriate and exercise his powers to order or direct:-
(a) That student/students be expelled.
(b) That student/students may be rusticated for a specified period.
(c) That a student/students not be allowed to attend classes in a department for a specified period.
(d) That a student/students be fined (specified).
(e) That a student/students be debarred from taking up the college/university examination.
(f) That the result of a student/students be cancelled.
5. The Institute authorities shall have the right to exercise all such powers over students as that may find necessary for proper running of the Institute.
6. The students are advised to keep themselves abreast of the Institute Rules and notices. They are also advised to go through detailed Hostel Rules and Ragging Rules given separately. Ignorance of rules shall not be an excuse for violation.
7. That every student is required to sign a declaration at the time of admission that he/she has read and understood the rules & regulations of the institution and that he/she submits himself/herself to the disciplinary jurisdiction of the Managing Director or any other officer authorized by him.
1. Every student admitted to the College is required to attend lectures, tutorials, presentations and practicals as per the college time table. No student will be permitted to appear in the University examinations unless he/she has attended atleast 75% of the lectures/ tutorials/ practicals/presantation internals/externals held in all subjects taken together in each semester. Every student has to fill the Affidavit of attendance which can be d o w n l o a d e d f r o m c o l l e g e w e b s i t e – www.uctbs.com
2. Attendance will be taken from day one of the new session. Students are expected to check the status of their attendance record from their class teacher.
3. If a student is unable to attend classes because of medical reasons, he/she must submit a medical certi cate as well as tness certicate to the College Ofce not later than a week of rejoining College after illness. Medical certicates submitted late will not be accepted by the College.
4. A student, whose name is struck off from the College rolls on account of non-payment of fees or disciplinary action and later re-admitted, will not be given the benet of attendance during that period.
1. Ragging in any form is strictly prohibited in the Institute/ hostel or in the public transport.
2. Any individual or group act of ragging will constitute gross indiscipline and shall be dealt with severely under these rules.
3. Ragging for propose of these rules is defined as “an act means, conduct or practice by which dominant power or status of seniority is brought to bear on students who are freshly enrolled and considered juniors” and it includes its individual or collective acts or practices which involve,
(a) Physical assault.
(b) Threat or use of physical force.
c) Violation of honour, dignity and status of female students and students of SC/ST.
(d) Acts of obscene behavior, indecent gesture and/or uses of foul and abusive language.
(e) Expose junior students to ridicule contempt and affect their self -esteem.
(f) Physical or psychological humiliation.
(g) Wrongful confinement.
4. On receipt of any information of the occurrence of ragging the Dy. Director, Head of Department and other authorities shall take immediate action.
5. Not withstanding what is mentioned in sub para 4 above, any staff member may also enquire in to any incident of ragging and make a report to the Managing Director or Director, the identity of those who were found engaged in ragging and the nature of incident.
6. On receipt of such report under sub para 5 above, the Managing Director may order an enquiry and his decision shall be final.
7. On receipt of enquiry report, if the act of ragging under sub para 3 above is established, the Managing Director may order rustication/expulsion or debarment from appearing in the examination of the perpetrators.
1. A student should apply for the leave only when it is absolutely necessary and should secure it personally at least two days before it is availed of, except in case of illness, failing which he/she may be penalized by imposing fine for each defaulted time.
2. Application for leave of absence for more than 3 days due to illness should be supported by Medical Certificate.
3. Students absenting themselves from the college for more than 7 consecutive working days without satisfa ctory explanation will have their names removed from the roll temporarily.
4. No attendance shall be provided in the case of illness.