M.Sc. Horticulture – UCBMSH, Dehradun, Uttarakhand – India
Course Type Master Degree
Min Qualification B.Sc Horticulture or B.Sc Agriculture
Duration 2 years
Horticulture is the branch of agricultural plant sciences that deals with the production of fruits, vegetables, nuts, and ornamental flowers. There are several divisions of horticulture: Pomology, Vegetable Sciences, Post Harvest Technology, Floriculture and landscape architect etc. UCBMSH is the best for M.Sc. Horticulture college in Dehradun India.
SCOPE IN HORTICULTURE
- Scientist: Examination conducted by the Agriculture Scientist Recruitment Board, ICAR, and New Delhi offers opportunities for scientist.
- In Education: Lecturer, Reader, Assistant Professor, Associate Professor in Agricultural Universities and Colleges.
- Training Organizer & Training Associate in Krishi Vigyan Kendra (KVK).
- Civil Services: Examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission (U.P.S.C) for IAS/IFS (Civil Service & Allied)
- As District Horticulture Officer/ District Agriculture Officer through examination conducted by State Public Service Commission.
- Technical Assistant / Technical Officers in Agricultural Universities ICAR, DRDO, IARI, & CSIR
- Horticulture Inspector / Fruit & Vegetable Inspector / Marketing Inspector.
- Training Assistant in Krishi Vigyan Kendra (KVK)
- Farm Supervisor.
- Section Officer (Horticulture / Landscaping), Horticulturist or Supervisor (Horticulture).
- Agriculture Development Officer
- Village Level Worker
- Agricultural Inspector.
- As Horticulturist / Horticulture Officer or Supervisor (Landscape) in Industries, Farm Houses, Hotels, Golf Courses & Construction Companies etc.
- As Horticulture officer in processing companies of agriculture production
- Marketing job also in pesticides and insecticides companies.
Self employment in Horticulture:
- As Horticulture Consultant provide advice, design, evaluation, supervision of garden or orchard etc.
- One can start the Agriculture clinic. Government provides money (up to 10.00 Lac) for this work.
- Raise commercial nursery of fruit plants, flower and ornamental plants.
- Seed producer of vegetables and flower crops.
- Processing work of Horticulture production
- One can start establish an institute for vocational education (Horticulture/ Landscape)