Training Report – Remote Sensing and GIS Applications in Carbon Forestry conducted by this institute during February 16,2017 to March 10, 2017 of 19th IIRS Outreach Programme.
Attended by : Department of Environmental Sciences
Organised Date : February 16,2017 to March 10, 2017
Online outreach training programme, which was held in our college, entitled “Remote Sensing and GIS Applications in Carbon Forestry” from 16 Feb, 2017 to 10 March, 2017, organized by Indian Institute of remote Sensing, Dehradun. The training was valuable for college faculty and students of Forestry, Agriculture and Environmental science. Training programme included different topics related to subjects and different topics delivered by renowned scientists of the institute.Topics included during training programme listed:Global carbon cycle & climate change:
- Forest based strategies for mitigating climate change
- Global Earth observation initiatives for carbon forestry
- Spectral signature of vegetation and factors affecting spectral response
- Application of satellite remote sensing in mapping and monitoring of forest cover and land use
- Application of satellite remote sensing in mapping and monitoring of forest carbon degradation
- Application of satellite data in forest sampling design for biomass/carbon quantification
- Application of high resolution data for biomass/carbon inventory
- Application of eddy covariance technique in carbon flux measurement and modeling
- Application of satellite remote sensing in near-real time forest fire assessment and monitoring
- Application of satellite remote sensing in forest biomass burning and carbon emission monitoring.
This training programme was found successful for the participants and provides different aspect of remote sensing. In this training 75% attendance was compulsory for the participants and all participants evaluated on the basis of online exam, which was held on 16th march, 2017.